New Kurzweil PC4

Questions about your PC3/PC3K/PC3LE/SP4/SP5 keyboard? Somebody might have the answers here.

Re: New Kurzweil PC4

Postby cecchino » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 am

happyrat1 wrote:According to Google, Musikmesse 2019's own website and every search I tried, Kurzweil is not even an exhibitor this year.

Gary, please stop it 8-) 8-) 8-) !!!
You probably need to refine your search methods:
https://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankf ... music.html
cecchino
Disco dog
Disco dog

Have thanks: 14 times

Postby eibinger » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:19 am

-
Last edited by eibinger on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
eibinger
Disco dog
Disco dog

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby cecchino » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:46 am

eibinger wrote:Don't worry about Gary!

I don't! He's a very nice guy, with unconventional opinions, and I usually like what he writes. Only, this time the game is going on too long ;)
Are there any informations about the weight and the versions (88, 76, 61)?
Maybe a price-estimation?

These are some good points (and will probably determine the success of this very-promising-still-not-the-K2xx-heir-keyboard)! And, let me ask...
- does the fact that you can use four switch pedals on two connectors (like I do with halved numbers on my SP4) imply there is no half-pedaling feature?
- We have some audio inputs, but nothing is said about possible sampling (and the FX feature is reported only on the 1/8" stereo input): should we expect we'll be able to sample in the future? And/or maybe we'll be able to use the audio input as a source for VAST processing?
Maybe I'm asking too much at present time...
cecchino
Disco dog
Disco dog

Have thanks: 14 times

Postby DaveBeta » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:30 am

Looks very interesting and I can't wait to see the full specs. My initial thoughts are :

1. Inputs - yes!! The ability to run another board into my main one, and just have a single DI sending to FOH is just what I want. I've been able to do it with a Kronos for ages and had limited success with the 3.5mm input on the Forte. But proper connections is just what I want
2. 88 weighted keys - I'll be interested to see what keybeds are offered. I'm loving my Forte7 after years of PC3/k7s and do hope that any 76key version is also weighted
3. Looks well layed out and the rumour is a plastic case rather than metal so lighter which (as I get older) is always nice. As long as it has a proper IEC power input and aftertouch (things which other manufacturers are - stupidly - removing for product line differentitaion) I'll be happy.

I'm hoping that the chaps have also thought about allowing the 'storage' type A usb port to accept class compliant midi devices - I can do that in my Kronos and it gives me a second physical keyboard with a single connection. I've just mostly there with the Forte by powering over USB and using midi, but it was a pain to find a usb keyboard that accepts power over usb but transmits midi. Most are either / or it seems. (the good ones anyway)

My only concern is what this means for the Forte - is this the new 'baby brother' or a replacement? The Forte has always been a bit of a confused beast - first a piano, then general keyboard, then a workstation ... love it to bits, but it's a bit of an odd one sometimes.

Hopefully good times ahead!
DaveBeta
House mouse
House mouse

Have thanks: 1 time

Previous

Return to Kurzweil Discussion